13 new AIAS Associate fellows from Aarhus University appointed
The new AIAS Associates will join 23 current Associates, and together with the 51 AIAS Fellows they form a large multidisciplinary, talented research community with exchange and collaboration across fields in focus.
The AIAS Associate Fellowship programme is for both young international researchers and established researchers employed at Aarhus University. The programme aims to connect leading talent across disciplines and across research environments to foster new ideas and research directions, and to share knowledge, methods and tools.
AIAS Associates can benefit in many different ways:
“As an AIAS associate fellow, I appreciate the opportunities to have inspiring conversations with fellows from completely different disciplines from ancient roman history to computational polymers. I also benefit from sharing experiences about career developments with fellows in the similar career stages,” said current AIAS Associate, Shuai Wei, who is an assistant professor at the Department of Chemistry at Aarhus University.
From 1 August 2022, AIAS has welcomed the following 13 new Associates from very different departments at Aarhus University:
- Anna Pauline Zamm, Department of Linguistics, Cognitive Science and Semiotics, Aarhus University
- Deirdre Cronin Fenton, Department of Clinical Epidemiology (DCE), Aarhus University
- Ermelinda Porpiglia, Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University
- Gilles Vanwalleghem, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Aarhus University
- Hooman Farkhani, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electronics and Photonics, Aarhus University
- Jesper Frøkjær Sørensen, Department of the Study of Religion and The Interacting Minds Centre, Aarhus University
- Marco Hubert, Department of Management, Aarhus University
- Marta Irla, Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering, Aarhus University
- Rebekah Brita Baglini, Department of Linguistics, Cognitive Science and Semiotics, Aarhus University
- Rubens Spin-Neto, Department of Dentistry and Oral Health, Aarhus University
- Shweta Agarwala, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electronics and Photonics, Aarhus University
- Søren Munch Kristiansen, Department of Geoscience, Aarhus University
- Wolf Eiserhardt, Department of Biology, Aarhus University
Introduction via 6-minute speed-talks
On 2 September at 9:00am AIAS welcomes the new Associates, and on 16 September at 10:00am all new Associates are invited to give a 6-minute presentation at the “AIAS Introduction Research Presentation event (IRP).” The 6-minute presentations are open to all interested.
All Associates are employed at Aarhus University, and will be offered a range of opportunities at AIAS, such as short-term office space for research group applications, meetings or the like, invitations to give talks, possibilities for support for AIAS related activities and much more.
More about the AIAS Associate fellowships
The AIAS Associates are nominated through the department heads at Aarhus University, and a final selection of the nominations is made by the AIAS Board of Directors.
Søren Rud Keiding, AIAS Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies, AIAS
Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 6B
DK-8000 Aarhus C