12 new Associate fellows from Aarhus University appointed to AIAS
Cross-disciplinary exchanges and collaborations is the mutual interest of the large multidisciplinary and talented research community at AIAS, which the 12 new AIAS Associates will join from 1 August 2023.
The AIAS Associate Fellowship programme is for both young international researchers and established researchers employed at Aarhus University. The programme aims at connecting leading talent across disciplines and across research environments to foster new ideas and research directions, and to share knowledge, methods and tools.
Currently, AIAS is hosting 23 international AIAS-COFUND MSCA fellows and 37 Associate Fellows from Aarhus University. From 1 August 2023, AIAS welcomes 12 new Associates from various departments at Aarhus University who will join the large community of scholars at AIAS.
The 12 new Associates from Aarhus University are:
- Alan O’Leary, Associate Professor, Department of Media and Journalism Studies, Aarhus University
- Ali Amidi, Associate Professor, Department of Psychology, Aarhus University
- Cindrilla Chumduri, Associate Professor, Department of Biological and Chemical Engineering, Aarhus University
- Donna Briggs Bødtkjer, Associate Professor, Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University
- Ebbe Sloth Andersen, Associate Professor, Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (iNano), Aarhus University
- Gauri Sanjeev Pathak, Associate Professor, Department of Global studies, Aarhus University
- Joachim Audet, Senior researcher, Department of Ecoscience, Aarhus University
- Lene Niemann Nejsum, Professor, Department of Clinical Medicine, Aarhus University
- Lone Koefoed Hansen, Associate Professor, Digital Design and Information Studies, Aarhus University
- Lukas Esterle, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aarhus University
- Maarten Goesten, Assistant Professor, Center for Integrated Materials Research, Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University
- Mads Fristrup Schou, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology - Genetics, Ecology and Evolution, Aarhus University
All Associates are employed at Aarhus University, and will be offered a range of opportunities at AIAS, such as short-term office space for research group applications, meetings or the like, invitations to give talks, possibilities for support for AIAS related activities and events, and much more.
Introduction via speed talks
On 24 August at 9:00am AIAS welcomes the new Associates, and on 7 September at 1:15pm all new Associates and new fellow are invited to give a 4-minute presentation at the “AIAS Introduction Research Presentation event (IRP).” The IRP 4-minute presentations are open to all interested, and the programme and a list of speakers will be announced here.
More about the AIAS Associate fellowships
The AIAS Associates are nominated through the department heads at Aarhus University, and a final selection of the nominations is made by the AIAS Board of Directors.
Lotte Holm, Head of Secretariat, vice-director, acting director
Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies, AIAS
Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 6B
DK-8000 Aarhus C