CALL NOW CLOSED: THE NEXT CALL IS EXPECTED TO OPEN NOVEMBER 2016
10 to 12 AIAS-COFUND (Marie Curie) Fellowships available
Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies (AIAS) is pleased to announce that 10 to 12 AIAS-COFUND Fellowships are available for talented researchers in the third round of applications. The scheme is co-funded by Aarhus University's Research Foundation and the European Union’s 7th Framework Programme under grant agreement no 609033 and provides research opportunities for the most talented researchers from around the world.
Two types of AIAS-COFUND Fellowships
- AIAS-COFUND Junior Fellowships (a duration of 12 to 36 months): postdoctoral research careers of 2-10 years.
- AIAS-COFUND Senior Fellowships (a duration of 6 to 18 months): postdoctoral research careers of +10 years.
Who can apply?
The target group of the programme is talented researchers with at least two years of fulltime research experience after completing their PhD. Applicants can choose their research topic freely within all academic areas. Eligible applicants must comply with the following mobility demands:
- Incoming fellowships: Open for all nationalities. At the time of the deadline, applicants shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline.
- Reintegration fellowships: Open for European researchers returning to Denmark/the EU from a country outside the European Union. At the time of the deadline, applicants shall not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the deadline.
What is included in a fellowship?
A fellowship includes funds for travel, research expenses and a competitive salary.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via the AU online application system:
Read more about the call
For a detailed description of the AIAS-COFUND fellowships, the requirements to the contents of the application and the usage of the online application system, please refer to:
QA Group and Selection Committee
- Quality Assurance Group members:
Prof. Dorthe Berntsen (chair), Department of Psychology and Behavioural Sciences, Aarhus University
Prof. Torben M. Andersen, Department of Economics and Business, Aarhus University
Prof. Bo Barker Jørgensen, Department of Bioscience, Aarhus University
- Selection Committee:
Prof. Dr. Heide Schulz-Vogt, Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research, Germany
Prof. Li Bennich-Björkman, Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
Prof. Taina Pihlajaniemi, University of Oulu, Finland
Prof. Karin Gundersen, University of Oslo, Norway
Prof. Jørgen Frøkiær, Aarhus University, Denmark
Prof. Karl Anker Jørgensen, Aarhus University, Denmark
Prof. Morten Kyndrup, AIAS, Aarhus University, Denmark
The AIAS-COFUND fellows will be recruited in accordance with The European Charter for Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers: